Sparks are managed under: Admins Tools --> Merits --> [Certifications and Badges (C&B)] --> Some C&B --> C&B Sparks.
A Spark is a way to automatically grant a badge to someone based on a particular criteria. In other words, you can apply a badge to a user's profile automatically when the user meets any one of the following criteria:
- Completes a specific Module
- Reaches a certain number of Points
- Attends a particular Event
- Reaches a certain number of User Contributions
- Has logged in a certain number of times
- A single Certification can only been granted to a user a single time. Sparks work on the principle, "If X or Y or Z occurs then apply this Certification."
- Sparks are not retroactively applied. In other words, if a user completes a module, and later you add a Spark that triggers upon a user completing that module, this user will not be awarded this Spark.